||Scope of Free Online Search for Marriage Records
This service allows SingPass users to check whether a person has a marriage registered with the Registry of Marriages (ROM) Singapore. This service is not intended for the purpose of determining the legal capacity to marry of any individual in Singapore or elsewhere.
This service allows SingPass users to search the ROM database to determine whether a person has registered a civil / non-Muslim marriage with the ROM. The search will cover marriages registered from 15 September 1961.
The search may not provide results on marriages contracted within the last 14 days.
||Manner of conducting Searches for Marriage Records
Searches can be done only through the Internet with SingPass login. Each SingPass user is allowed two free online searches over a 12-month period.
No other mode of application for the free online search for marriage records will be entertained. This service is not available at ROM office.
Please note that ROM is not authorised to issue SingPass. Information on SingPass application can be found on SingPass website at https://www.singpass.gov.sg/
||The State Marriage Register
The State Marriage Register is a record of marriages solemnized under the provisions of the Women's Charter (Chapter 353) and it --
- does not capture records of marriages contracted overseas or under the laws, custom, religion or usage of other countries;
- does not reflect an individual's current marital status;
- does not confirm the validity of the marriages recorded; and
- contains only information recorded at the time of marriage i.e. all information are historical and any change in name, identity number, or marital status are not captured in the Register.
To search for a marriage record, enter the NRIC (Identity Card) Number or Passport Number and/or name of a party to the marriage recorded at the point of marriage. A search will be made using the exact information provided.
If you conduct a search by name, any missing character, blank space, misspelling, dash, other punctuation, re-arrangement of words or any other inaccuracy may result in no record being found. Please see example below.
Correct name: Tan Chee Keong Alvin
||Type of common typo error
||Ta Chee Keong Alvin
||Alvin TanChee Keong
||Tan Chee Kiong Alvin
||Tan Chee Keong, Alvin
||Alvin Tan Chee Keong
The search will yield data recorded at the point of marriage registered with ROM, Singapore if an individual has a marriage record on the State Marriage Register, strictly based on the information entered.
Users who require a certified hardcopy of an individual's marriage record can apply for a copy through the "Search for Marriage Records" service. A standard fee is payable.
Where 'No record is found'
• This means that there is no record of marriage matching the information entered
• It does not mean that a person is unmarried. He/she may already validly be married under the law of another country. Overseas marriages are not captured in the State Marriage Register.
'Record is found'
• This means that a record of marriage matching the information entered has been found.
• It does not mean that a person is still married. He/she may already be divorced, widowed or the marriage may have been annulled.
I have read and understood these Instructions and agree thereto.