for sortsite report

  ROM Logo
ROM Logo
Text Size A  100%  A 
Contact Info | Feedback | Sitemap
Top Banner
Menu Left
About ROM
Marriage Info
Right Menu
Marriage Info > Preparing for Registration > Other Information > Citizen-Foreigner Marriage
Citizen-Foreigner Marriage
white space Preparing for Registration  
white space
  Quick Overview  
white space
  Legal Provisions white space
white space
  Other Information white space
  white spacebullet point General Information  
  white spacebullet point Citizen-Foreigner Marriage
  white spacebullet point After Marriage
white space
  Filing Notice of Marriage  
white space
  Preparing for Filing & Solemnization
white space
  Notice of Marriage  
white space
white space
white space
1. Is there a need to contact ICA and MOM to notify marriage?
Please check with ICA and MOM.

Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA)
(the authority for visa and residency matters)
10 Kallang Road (Next to Lavender MRT)
Singapore 208718
Tel: 63916100 (General Inquiry)
Fax: 62980837
Internet Website:
Internet Office Email Address:

Ministry of Manpower (MOM)
(the authority for Marriage Restriction Policy requiring work permit/ex-work permit holders to seek approval to marry)
18 Havelock Road
Singapore 059764
Tel: 65341511 (PABX)
Tel Inquiry Service: 64385122
Fax: 65344840
Internet Website:
Internet Office Email Address:
2. How can I get residency status for my spouse-to-be? Is dual citizenship possible?
ICA is the authority.
3. Is a Letter of Capacity to marry required of my foreign spouse-to-be?
4. How can the parents of my minor foreigner-spouse-to-be give consent?
They should appear before a ROM officer on the day of VD/SD, per the Summary of Notice of Marriage. Otherwise, refer to the section 'Minors'.
5. Can we have children if my spouse is still a non-citizen after marriage?
This is a personal decision but you may wish to check with the ICA.
6. Can my spouse work in Singapore after marriage?
The Ministry of Manpower (MOM) is the authority to enquire with.
7. Can I apply for a HDB flat with my non-citizen spouse?
The Housing and Development Board (HDB) is the authority to enquire with.
white space
Last updated: 05 March 2018